Hazel E. Hanley
Click here to email
634 Entrada Dr
Golden, CO 80401
Fax: On request
Description of Practice
- Labor Arbitrator, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service since 2006.
- Arbitrator for Financial Industry Regulatory Authority since 2006; Qualified to serve as Chairperson for panel of three arbitrators, 2018.
- Mediator for USPS REDRESS EEO Program since 2007.
- Hearing Officer for Denver Civil Service Commission from 2012-2014.
- Volunteer Mediator for Jefferson County Mediation Services and Small Claims Court since 2006; honored as Community Mediator of the Year, September 1, 2015; honored as Member of Club 100, September 2019; March 2020 training in online Zoom mediation from Jefferson County Mediation Service. Mediator and Arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau of Denver and Boulder since 2017; Certified for BBB's Auto Line Program in August 2019. Member of ABA, Sections of Dispute Resolution and Labor and Employment Law. Member of Colorado Bar Association and Section of Dispute Resolution. Member of Labor Employment Relations Association. Member of Association of Conflict Resolution, Commercial, Family, and Workplace Sections. Member of the National Association of Restorative and Community Justice.
- Retired Senior Attorney, Federal Labor Relations Authority, Denver Regional Office from 1986 to 2011; served as EEO Counselor from 2006 to 2011; served as Acting Regional Attorney, January 1 to March 31, 2011.
- Legal Intern for National Labor Relations Board, Minneapolis Regional Office.
- Self-employed mediator and arbitrator since 2012
- Inactive Colorado Attorney; admitted in 1988
- Inactive Minnesota Attorney; admitted in 1985
- Inactive D.C. Court of Appeals Attorney; admitted in 1990
|1994||CDR Associates, Boulder, CO||Mediating EEO, Personnel, and Labor Relations Disputes -- 40 hours|
|1995||Frank Sander, Mediation Workshop||Harvard Law School -- 40 hours|
|2002||CDR Associate, Boulder, CO||Facilitation -- 24 hours|
|2007||Transformative Mediation, USPS||REDRESS Mediation -- 40 hours|
|2006-Present||Current with all FiNRA training, Chairperson Level|
|2008||Restortative Justice Facilitation Training||Anne Richards, Boulder, CO -- 24 hours|
|2005||Becoming a Labor Arbitrator||Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, Seattle, WA -- 40 hours|
|2020||Mediating ECommerce, Property, & Workplace Disputes||Mediate.Com Mediating Online Training -- 20 hours|
As a volunteer mediator for Jefferson County, I work with a co-mediator, and our general approach is the facilitative model.
I prefer not to apply either the evaluative or directive models.
Travel for mediation sessions located 50 miles or more outside Golden, Colorado is $50 per hour; additional fees include mileage (at the current IRS rate), airfare, or cost incurred on other public carriers.
A cancellation fee is assessed for any cancelled session unless the cancellation is made at least 10 days in advance.
Arbitration fee is $1200 per day (eight hours), and if additional time is required on any hearing date, the fee is $100 for each additional hour.
Travel fees are assessed as for mediation travel fees noted above.
The cancellation fee for a scheduled arbitration hearing is $500 unless the cancellation is made more than ten days before the scheduled hearing. In a matter involving more than one day of hearing, the $600 cancellation fee is applied if no notice is provided more than 48 hours before the scheduled hearing.
Areas of Practice
- Animal (5 mediated)
- Commercial (3 mediated)
- Community (120 mediated)
- Construction (3 mediated)
- Contracts (14 mediated)
- Divorce (parenting) (19 mediated)
- Employment (7 mediated)
- Family (46 mediated)
- Labor - Management (3 mediated)
- Landlord - Tenant (12 mediated)
- Neighbor to Neighbor (14 mediated)
- Online Mediation (4 mediated)
- Pet Mediation (4 mediated)
- Postal Service (22 mediated)
- Small Claims (43 mediated)
- Workplace (4 mediated)
- Online Mediator
- Online Arbitrator