Online Mediator Certification Terms & Conditions
Mediate.com offers Certified Mediator Status to Premium Members who:
1. First, Qualify as a Mediate.com Certified Mediator
2. Subscribe to our Standard of Practice
Certified Online Mediators must subscribe to our Standards of Mediation Practice and, as applicable,
Standards of Practice for Family and Divorce Mediation.
Online Certified Mediators are also required to subscribe to ethical and best practice standards promulgated by the International Council for Online Dispute Resolution (ICODR).
3. Provide and annually update complete practice information including:
- college and graduate education and all degrees earned
- professional background
- mediation and professional credentials and affiliations
- description of mediation and online mediation training completed
- description of mediation practice and approach
- description of costs and fees
- specification of mediation case experience on a practice area basis
- a recent picture
- indication of liability insurance or not
- maintain ongoing log of mediation and online mediation continuing education
4. Confirm Availability of References
5. Certification Standards Subject to Change
6. Annual Update and Verification
7. Availability and Cost of Mediate.com Certification
- Mediate.com Certification is available to active Mediate.com Premium Members who have general Mediator Certification only.
- There is a $299 online mediator certification review and first year fee. THIS INCLUDES A ONE HOUR MONTHY PROVIDED WEBINAR.
- Applications will be responded to within 15 days of submission. This response will be an approval, disapproval, request for additional information, and/or a request for a phone interview with the Mediate.com CEO. Applications are initially approved or rejected by the Mediate.com CEO.
- Applicants may make one Request for Reconsideration per application, which will first be considered by the Mediate.com CEO and then, if approval is still lacking, will be submitted to a 3 member committee of the Mediate.com Advisory Board. This committee may request additional information and/or request one or more phone interviews. Final action upon a Request for Reconsideration will be made within 60 days.
- Applicants can apply for certification once per calendar year.
- There is a $199 annual renewal fee for Mediate.com Online Mediator Certification. THIS INCLUDES A ONE HOUR MONTHY PROVIDED WEBINAR.
- Complaints against Mediate.com Certified Online Mediators will be reviewed and Certified Online Mediator status may be rescinded at any time by Mediate.com & OnlineMediators.com in its sole discretion.